Pledging to cut down your food stuff waste includes much better food scheduling.
Professional tip: When you have a vacation coming up, it is time to clean out the fridge.
When you are heading out to vacation and will be away from dwelling for a when, it is ideal to cook dinner from the fridge, freezer or pantry. Resist the urge to do a lot more grocery buying. Rather, acquire a search at what you have and use it up. That way, you leave powering very little to spoil though you are long gone, and you will not by any food absent.
Use What You Have
I recently cleared out my fridge and came up with a program:
- I experienced half a jar of pasta sauce, so planned tortellini a single evening with it.
- I ate the cooked leftovers as lunch.
- I had lettuce, onion, celery and some tomatoes, so I prepared a major tossed salad.
- I snacked on the remaining apples.
- I experienced some blueberries and greek yogurt, so I created salad dressing with it.
Zero Waste Blueberry Balsamic Salad Dressing
I had leftover blueberries so I utilized them to generate a salad dressing.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp basic Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt
- floor pepper to flavor
Pulse blueberries, lime juice, yogurt, and vinegar in a food processor until blended
Increase the olive oil and blend.
Period to flavor with salt and pepper, and pulse once more until sleek and creamy.